Tips for Peaceful Writing
Working on research papers at any time can be a tedious process. It’s so easy to become distracted by anything and everything around you. Here are a few tips that have helped me with a more efficient study/writing session:
1) Clear your mind. Turn off your cell phone. Keep away from the internet. Anything that diverts your attention will only slow you down. Of course, if part of your research requires a browser, then just make sure you hold yourself accountable and go directly to the sites you need. If you have an urge to blog, don’t give in!
2) Get a snack and something to drink. An empty stomach is an uncooperative stomach. Restlessness is sure to set in if you don’t listen to your body’s needs. Research shows that if you have eaten citrus fruits like oranges, that you will focus better. Even chewing a citrus-flavored gum will do the trick!The Vitamin C is always a welcome energy boost and stimulates your senses. Drink healthy liquids like Green Tea for an added calming effect.
3) Listen to music. Some aren’t able to concentrate properly with tunes playing in the background, so keeping your music nice and light will be more pleasurable. Listen to instrumental music like a soft classical piano solo. Your brain will thank you in the long run.
4) Hit the books. Once you’ve set the mood, it’s time to get down to the nitty-gritty. Take out the books and materials you need to get started. Read over the rules your professor has set for you and your class. If you spend at least 5 minutes preparing yourself and thinking about what you are going to write, you will be able to coax yourself into getting started. Also, reading an assigned or leisure novel for 15-20 minutes will help you become inspired.
5) Brainstorm. Open that blank Microsoft Word page and construct an outline for your research paper. Include any possible options for a thesis. Allow yourself to concoct ideas and ask questions. Make web charts or jot down a few notes if you are a more visually-oriented person.
6) Sit down and write! Don’t put it off any longer. Procrastination will haunt you right up until the deadline for your research paper or novel. Remember, you made a promise. It’s up to you as a a student, a freelance writer, to complete your mission. Be professional and start writing!
Take deep breaths and relax during your study sessions. The key to all good writing is optimism. You can do it!
Good luck writing!
Amanda J. Bruns577 notes
- cirellyandwords reblogged this from journaling-junkie
- iquitelikeditactually likes this
- drakatzen reblogged this from insidewritersmind
- carolineflack likes this
- allidoisstudy reblogged this from studysleeprepeat
- sidmaster254 likes this
- smarter-healthier-happier reblogged this from uni-live
- hotmenandguys likes this
- insidewritersmind reblogged this from journaling-junkie
- i-know-who-i-look-like likes this
- violet-caravan likes this
- writeofsynesthesia reblogged this from journaling-junkie
- reneireine likes this
- reneireine reblogged this from journaling-junkie
- boyz-4-now likes this
- nona-flower likes this
- 4-shits-n-giggles reblogged this from uni-live
- jinxys-inspiration likes this
- flowersssinmybrain reblogged this from booksandcatslover
- weirdnessdk likes this
- mssissypooh likes this
- devon-kite likes this
- derpaholics101 reblogged this from derpaholics101
- derpaholics101 likes this
- vulgarweed likes this
- booksandcatslover reblogged this from journaling-junkie
- booksandcatslover likes this
- lotusoutofmud likes this
- ahumynmind likes this
- stellaverba reblogged this from journaling-junkie
- endlesswaltzz likes this
- embrosia likes this
- momentosmarina reblogged this from apalapucian
- journalingwallflower reblogged this from journaling-junkie
- snowwhiteandthesevensinners likes this
- saturdaymorningcoffeeklatch reblogged this from resourcesforthemuse
- resourcesforthemuse reblogged this from journaling-junkie
- bookl0v3r reblogged this from blondiessecretcorner
- blondiessecretcorner reblogged this from journaling-junkie
- madaboutteamfreewill reblogged this from kattheghost
- madaboutteamfreewill likes this
- kattheghost reblogged this from journaling-junkie
- kattheghost likes this
- words-are-complex-things reblogged this from journaling-junkie
- nerdiecake likes this
- winters-escape likes this
- ihopeyoucanseemesmiling reblogged this from apalapucian
- skyscaper likes this
- octaiviablake likes this
- aradiantsun reblogged this from apalapucian